Companion Care You Can Count On
Many individuals, including adults and aging-in-place seniors, combat feelings of loneliness. This can be especially true if they’ve recently experienced the loss of a spouse. If left unchecked, those feelings of loneliness can eventually have a negative impact on the happiness and health of you or a loved one. When you need some assistance, let a capable and friendly in-home caregiver from Help at Home step in to lend a hand.
We will gladly work with you to customize an hourly, daily or weekly caregiving program that’s best for your family’s goals, while also restoring your peace-of-mind. Our affordable and dependable companion caregivers will keep you or your loved one entertained with fun indoor and outdoor activities using a flexible weekly schedule that’s tailored to your unique, personal needs.
Our companion care services include:
- Adult and elderly home companion visits
- Assistance with writing letters and/or correspondence with loved ones through e-mail and social media
- Expectant and new mother support
- Stimulating activities such as art projects and reading
- Scheduling assistance
- Respite and family relief
- Sitter services
At Help at Home, we are proudly becoming the go-to choice for personalized in-home care for families throughout the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC Metropolitan area. To put your mind at ease, Help at Home is a fully licensed and insured provider, and all of our caregivers are thoroughly screened beforehand.
Benefits of Companion Care
Studies have shown that human companionship benefits our physical and cognitive health, along with our overall sense of well-being. We will carefully match your loved one up with a friendly companion that’s uniquely qualified for their personality and interests and who will engage them in healthy activities such as:
- Crafts, scrap-booking and playing games for mental stimulation
- Going on outings together to encourage human interaction
- Discussing life experiences while reminiscing about past events
- Conversing about current and historic issues for memory enhancement
- Outdoor activities like gardening or other yard work
- Walking outside or other forms of exercise to promote overall body and mind health
How to Get Started
Help At Home’s team will give you peace of mind, beginning with your very first phone call! We understand that no two situations are the same, so we will take the time to get to know you and your individual needs.
When you contact Help At Home, we will answer your questions and address any concerns you may have. We will learn about your preferences and work to match you with one of our caregivers.
Contact us today to discuss your needs or to schedule a free in-home assessment.